The Massivit 10000 is a large-volume additive manufacturing system that shifts the paradigm for large tooling by significantly shortening mold-production time, using Massivit 3D’s Cast-In-Motion (CIM) technology.
WHY THE MASSIVIT 10000?
Large tools & molds traditionally used for producing fiber-reinforced composite parts are expensive, slow-to-build, wasteful, and require extensive manual skilled labor. The Massivit 10000 brings to market enormous time- and cost-saving benefits for the manufacturing of large tooling:
- Shorten production time of molds by 80%
- Save up to 90% of manual labor
- Significantly reduce tool costs
- Simplify production, achieve higher yield
- Simplify supply chain and reduce required stocks
- Reduce waste of expensive materials
How the Massivit 10000 Works
- The tool pattern is created with a sacrificial, UV-curable gel using Massivit 3D’s patented Gel Dispensing Printing Technology (GDP).
- The desired tool is produced by casting any of a variety of dual-component thermoset engineering materials that closely match the mechanical and thermal process requirements.
- Once the 3D printed tool is immersed in water, the sacrificial pattern material breaks off, leaving the desired mold, ready to use.
- Design freedom allows mold production of function-oriented, intricate geometries
- Better and faster tool design cycle – including many features – reduces iterations
- Release production equipment increases overall capacity
- CAD part to CAD mold design enables improved accuracy, consistency and higher reliability
- Versatility and multiple casting materials optimize the use of the system
Massivit 3D’s disruptive, end-to-end tool & mold making solution comprises pioneering hardware, software and chemistry. It facilitates fast, efficient and waste-less manufacturing with unlimited size and volume capabilities. Massivit 3D’s technology is protected by a wide intellectual property portfolio containing 52 active patent assets.