1. SERVICE & SUPPORT
The Company Lino SA offers, for all software and H/W equipment’s (for the firm represents) maintenance, as well as customer technical support with digital printing and graphic arts consulting services.
Lino undertakes these services with responsibility in accordance with the terms and conditions of each Customer Service Maintenance and Support Agreement. These services are also available to customers who are out of the Service and Support Agreement.
In order to meet these obligations, LINO SA ensured that it has the appropriate infrastructure, organization, experienced human resources, modern technological equipment and the necessary facilities.
The LINO infrastructure includes:
- Welcome Desk and Help Desk
- Department of tele-Customer Service
- Customer Support Department (Hardware & Software)
- Technical Support (Hardware & Software)
- Digital Printing Consultants
- Warehouse for the supply of spare parts and consumables.
All of these departments, as well as our specialized / certified partners from other countries, are represented by highly qualified personnel to ensure the uninterrupted operation of our customers H/W & S/W equipment’s.
Among other things, the services provided by the Company’s technicians, upon agreement, include:
- Preliminary work on installing the equipment available to its customers (space areas, air-conditioning, electrical, network and site surveys)
- Installation and delivery of equipment’s.
- Preventive maintenance
- Diagnosis or remote diagnosis of any problems
- Restore maintenance
- Applying H/W improvements
- Installing updates and upgrades for new S/W versions
- Training in equipment & software
- Provision of technical manuals
- Audit / Intervention Reporting and Auditing.
2.1. Hardware Maintenance (H/W)
LINO undertakes the preventive and corrective maintenance of system installations referred to in the above paragraph 1.
Preventive and corrective maintenance covers many activities, inspection, testing, measurement, replacement and adjustment.
2.1.1. Preventive maintenance
The aforementioned systems have a series of built-in tests that automatically control them both during the start-up phase and during their operation.
The systems of the aforementioned companies, with the help of the necessary control programs, can overcome a large percentage of minor problems without delay of their work or report through specific messages the type of damage or any malfunctions. They are also able to alert the operator with appropriate messages when the proactive maintenance time is completed.
There are, of course, preventive maintenance at the operator level. Typically these include a general service cleaning of the system and some specific actions mentioned in the operator manual of the system.
2.1.2. Corrective Maintenance
Corrective maintenance is intended to repair damage in the shortest possible time and within the framework of the contract.
The damage is restored by highly skilled technicians.
Corrective maintenance takes place upon notice at the LINO Help Desk section and in any case covers the following (depending on the customer contract):
- Telephone communication of the Company with the Customer to initiate the procedures for the repair of the damage
- Remote connection to the system that has a problem (if this feature exists)
- Tele-diagnosis of the problem
- Remote operation and remote solution implementation
- If necessary, intervention and apply a solution in the system spaces
- Functionality control
- Delivery of the machine to the Customer.
In the event that an on-site intervention will be required to resolve the problem, LINO’s technical staff or co-workers will intervene in the maintenance contract for a reasonable period of time to restore the proper operation of the systems.
After the problem is restored, good and smooth operation is performed, followed by the delivery of the system to the customer.
Maintenance services are provided on weekdays (Monday – Friday 09:00 to 17:00) and for the entire maintenance period without extra charge (depending on the customer contract). There is also an optional support service described in the following chapter.
3. TELE – SUPPORT
The continuous evolution of IT products and the ever-increasing needs of customers for uninterrupted exploitation of their systems require the development of new forms of support services.
Remote support and management for remote and quick diagnosis of system malfunctions supported by Lino is a critical issue for the client because it solves key issues such as:
- Immediate response time,
- Immediate diagnosis and possible damage recovery,
- Quick restart of the system in production phase,
- Reduced maintenance costs.
Remote support is essential to solve immediately a great percentage of problems. Without this process, immediate solution (especially for customers outside of Lino’s installed base) is time-consuming and requires more cost.
Through remote support tools, it is possible to monitor, selectively and with the consent of the Customer, systems and equipment that are in Lino’s oversight and responsibility.
By using technology development, Lino makes available to its customers the “Tele-Support” of systems whose Customer has or does not enter into a Maintenance Agreement (depending on the customer contract).
The tele-support department equipment can access the client’s systems via the Internet.
The Tele-Support system functions as a parallel console and provides full transparency to the Customer Operator. The Customer’s Operator may monitor each instruction entered by the Tele-Support technician and disconnect the connection if it deems it necessary.
Once the connection has been made, the Tele-Support technician through the specialized S / W has the ability to:
3.1. Tele – Control
Allows remote monitoring of good operation.
– Communication with the customer operator via telephone and / or video to identify the problem
– H/W, S/W and telecom equipment control via remote management program
– Usage of iCam for error system detection with the help of a wireless camera and the appropriate equipment available to the Customer
– Remote / On Line Diagnostics.
3.2. Tele – Diagnosis
Allows to diagnose a problem.
– System Logging File Analysis
– Identification of problems and equipment malfunctions
– Detection of potential errors in System S / W files (Configuration files)
– Identification of operating and special software problems (Print Management, IPDS, Design Software, Server …).
3.3. Tele – Intervention
Allows to resolve a problem.
– Interface for adapting System S / W files (Configuration files)
– Helping and guiding operators to deal with malfunctions
– Intervention for S / W update with File Transfer
– Operational and Software Remedial Operations
– Resolving operating and special software problems (Print Management, IPDS, Design Software, Server …).
3.4. Tele – Help & Tele – Education
Allows technical assistance from the Lino Technical Support Service or if required by the Technical Center of the Manufacturer.
– Help in solving application problems
– Help with H/W damage
– Help in documenting problems to the manufacturer
– Remote program training.
3.5. Requirements for installing the System tools to the customer
For tele-conference use, a video-conference requires an internet connection with a telephony provider and the use of any computer.
iCam support requires a PC or laptop with a wireless or wired camera on an internet connection with a telephony provider.
Settings for port forwarding, dynamic DNS, firewall settings, computer settings, and special software installation are required.
Because not all applications have the same level of security while some provide encryption, installation and customization is done in collaboration and consultation with the appropriate security staff of the customer.
As long as the connection is active, the remote computer screen will display to all who are in the remote location and monitor the computer all the actions that are taking place (this is necessary for companies that have security certifications).
Simple ADSL or VDSL line on the Internet (preferably static IP address). Connection speed is a determining factor for system efficiency.
3.5.4. Cost of connection products / tools
Lino can provide a complete package solution for remote support and management of Customer’s or their systems.
The “package” solution consists of:
– A laptop,
– Required software,
– Appropriate laptop settings,
– A camera with a long connecting cable to the laptop or wireless,
– Appropriate provision of network settings.
The Customer’s participation in this case is only the provision for connecting the laptop to its network and consultation with our technician to make the necessary adjustments.
4. OPTIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
The LINO Customer Service Division can also offer its services outside the working hours by special agreement and based on the applicable pricing list.
4.1. Engineer “ON-CALL”
Lino offers maintenance and installation support services that are not in a Maintenance Agreement through the “ON-CALL” agreement.
“ON CALL” maintenance and support services are also offered to customers who are on a Maintenance Contract after a customer’s call when it is needed for services outside the normal hours provided in the Maintenance Agreement.
With every “ON-CALL” call, the customer is charged:
– The cost of working the Lino technician on an hourly basis in accordance with the applicable LINO service pricelist. The minimum charge for each call is one (1) hour.
– The cost of moving and staying the technician for interventions outside the Lino Installed Base.
– The cost of the necessary spare parts and materials according to the current LINO price list (for customers outside of the Maintenance Contract).
4.2. Engineer “ON-CALL STANDBY”
Lino also offers the maintenance and support of systems and machines in “ON-CALL STANDBY” for Lino off-hours. The customer is charged:
– The cost of waiting hours / availability of Lino engineer, according to Lino’s current service pricelist.
5. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF DAMAGE
In the event of a malfunction or malfunction of the Customer’s system, the following procedures and actions are activated to return to normal operation as soon as possible (depending on the customer contract).
Below are the procedures for announcement – malfunction and actions to restore the system:
The customer reports the damage at LINO HELP DESK:
– send email to: email@example.com. or
– telephone at: 210 9010635
declaring their company, name, telephone number, and the components of the damaged system or peripheral machine.
5.2. Report Fault
The customer will report a fault by completing the “Intervention Application Form” with as much detail as possible describing the failure.
This “Application for Technical Intervention” is a prerequisite for initiating troubleshooting procedures.
This form is transferred to LINO’s HELP DESK technical department and is also filed through the CRM of the company (open case).
Within 4 hours (depending on the customer contract) or under the terms of the Maintenance Agreement, a LINO technician communicates with the Customer by telephone and tries through “Tele-Diagnosis” and “Tele-Intervention” to repair the damage. In a positive case, the relevant CRM file (close case) is updated. CRMs are updated either directly from the responsible technician or from the HELP DESK manager.
Note that priority is given to customers who have a “Maintenance Contract”.
5.5. Client intervention
If a solution is not solved by telephone, priority is given to customers who have a “Maintenance Contract” to a qualified Lino technician for on-site intervention at the Customer’s site, subject to the response times stated in the Maintenance Agreement. The Lino technician is also given the necessary instructions for spare parts and that another has been diagnosed by phone.
In the event that the call is made by a customer who does not have a “Maintenance Contract”, the client’s intervention is carried out within 24 or 48 hours depending on the customer’s distance from the “installed base” or the shortest time possible this intervention (by mutual agreement).
5.6. Damage Recovery
After the failure has been rectified, the LINO technician completes the “Service Report” form, which is entered in the CRM (close case). In order for CRM to be quickly and timely, every technician should be informed of the CRM based on the progress of the damage recovery. In case of failure to send the “Service Report” form, the technician may use the TD. which is in pdf format and send it immediately.
5.7. Manufacturer Company Update
Ιn the event of unknown damage occur, the Lino technician communicates with other colleagues from manufacturer company to report the damage and with the help of the manufacturer technical department, addresses and responds to the damage. If necessary and if the Customer’s technical infrastructure allows, manufacturer technicians should be able to do “Tele-Diagnosis” and “Tele-Intervention” to locate the malfunction and provide recovery instructions. After the damage has been rectified, the steps in paragraph 5.6 are followed.
6. CONTRACTS & SUPPORT
The core of our business has been partnering with our customers for success. Our service and support teams help you in the use of our technologies, as well as in training and getting acquainted with our products, maximizing performance, quality, and productivity of our customers.
After the warranty period Lino S.A offers different level service contracts.
Services offered, among others, includes:
- Preventive maintenance intervention including maintenance parts and consumables
- Support Phone/Email/Remote
- Service intervention including spare parts (no printheads, no consumables)
- Service intervention including printheads
- Training of operators at different levels (Basic, Advanced, Color management)