STAR Label embellishment & tactile Inkjet system by Ultimate Solution
Label embellishment & tactile Inkjet system
Make unique labels that stand out from competition!
Enhance the experience with tactile effects, add personalized information and variable data.
The STAR inkjet embellishment unit, developed and manufactured by Ultimate Solutions Ltd, England, is a technology offering a whole new range of applications to cover the majority of requested label embellishment applications.
The STAR inkjet embellishment unit offers high accuracy spot varnish for fine details of text and small details of widgets. This comprehensive solution offers a separate workstation with processes from data management and print data preparation to output on the embellishment unit, as well as pre- costing and reporting.
The unit is designed for short and medium run narrow web applications covering web widths up to 35cm and print width from narrow widths to a max. 33 cm (13 in.), running at a printing speed of up to 20-50 meters per minute and printing fine resolution with accurate register. Printing resolution of 720dpi x 720dpi with 3 grey levels at 50 meters per minute.
This add on module offers exciting new printing capabilities and can carry out any combination of decorative processes in one pass, such as digital foiling with a 3D effect, spot coating, tactile screen and braille printing.
With this inkjet technology, you can create top-quality labels with new added values at a reduced cost:
- Matte or glossy effects
- Digital spot coating
- Digital embossing with high build varnish
- Tactile decoration increasing the aesthetic impression
- Metallic and hologram effects with foils
- Warning triangles
- Braille printing
- Total flexibility
- No tools are required
- FAST! Typical 2x speed of the conventional screen
- Immediate job change
- Extremely competitive cost
- Compatible with all materials
- Material savings during start-up
- Prints fine details, sharp texts or graphics
- Flawless high-build solid areas and protective coatings
- Complete ready-to-use system with a full work- flow solution
- In the case of low volumes or urgent on-demand orders, it perfectly replaces screen printing.
Web width 200 – 350 mm
Substrate thickness 100 – 250 µm
Speed max. 20 – 50 m/min
Build heights up to 300 µm
*with double print bar
Grey levels up to 8
Print resolution 720 dpi
Drop sizes 6 – 40 pl
Ink type UV varnish